The conference on Peace under the auspices of WPC was held in Lahore in December, 2013. About 200 delegates from all over Pakistan and 60 delegates from India, Germany, Ukraine, Netherlands, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Lithuania, Sweden, Denmark, UK, Japan and Norway participated. The inauguration was made by the renowned Palestinian intellectual and poet, Dr. Hanan Awwad, who has been the Minister and Cultural Advisor to Mr. Yasir Arafat.
Documentaries in English on Sufi poets were shown which were directed by Farrukh Zaman which were greatly appreciated by foreign and Indian delegation headed by Dr. Deepak Manmohan. A declaration was issues at the end which reiterated:
- The solution of disputes in the areas of strife.
- The rightful status to be given to all languages especially Punjabi.
- More cultural manifestations to be undertaken in Pakistan
- Exchange of delegates between Pakistan and India and other countries.
- It was also decided that such international conferences on peace under the auspices of WPC will be held periodically.