During 1986 – 2008 World Punjabi Congress (WPC) arranged more than two dozen International Conferences in Pakistan, India, U.K., USA, Canada, Austria, France, Sweden and many other countries.
WPC has arranged literary, cultural, Sufism and peace Conferences in Pakistan.
For the first time in Pakistan’s history, the Chief Minister of India Punjab Capt. Amrinder Sing and Chief Minister of Haryana State Mr. Om Parkash Chutala visited Pakistani Punjab on the request of WPC. Chief Minister of Pakistani Punjab also visited Indian Punjab.
WPC also arranged International Conference on Waris Shah, Shah Hussain and Amrita Pritam.
Different research papers and articles written on Punjabi poetry, mystics and peace were published.
Dozens of cultural and music shows were arranged in Pakistan, India and U.K.
- World Punjabi Congress (WPC) was established in 1986 by the world renowned author, poet and peace lover writer, intellectual Fakhar Zaman. He is still working as its founder Chairman.
- WPC was honoured with the highest Indian literary award “Shiromani Sahitik Literacy Award” for its Chairman Fakhar Zaman in 2008, at the same time Pakistan Government recognized his services for Punjabi literature by awarding him Hilal-i-Imtiaz.
- WPC has above 500 members in Pakistan and hundreds of WPC chapters all over the world.
- Its office bearers are: Chairman, Senior Vice-Chairman, two Vice Presidents, General Secretary, Additional General Secretary, Joint Secretary, Finance Secretary, Information Secretary, Coordinating Secretary and an Executive Committee of ten (10) members. In addition there is an Advisory Committee comprising thirty (30) members.
- WPC members and office bearers have been bearing all the expenses of its programmes themselves. But in 2008 it was decided that WPC will expand the circle of its activities and run itself as a NGO. Now, as a registered body WPC will also accept donations from the friends and donors.